Jenna Dewan for Women’s Health March 2021 Issue

Jenna Dewan shared with the March issue of Women’s Health that she has kept up a routine of dancing, Pilates, and healthy eating even when two kids’ stress builds up. And the 40-year-old also shared that she has been on the popular 80-20 diet. According to WebMD, eating healthy meals 80% of the time and having more freedom with the other 20%. “I don’t deprive myself. But I try to choose healthy most of the time,” said the Step Up actress. Jenna works out often, preferring Pilates, a physical fitness system developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates – he called it Contrology. “It gets you fit so quick, and you just feel stronger,” said Jenna. “The dancer in me likes it because it stimulates the same muscles in my core. You feel things all start to go where they’re expected to go,” she explained. And she dances in the house too: “I’m always dancing, even in the kitchen. My son Callum laughs and smiles when I dance, especially when I give him a good hair whip. It’s as if it’s the funniest thing that ever happened. And Evie’s always like, Dance party time!”

jenna dewan for women s health march 2021 issue 3

Jenna Dewan, which Eric Ray Davidson photographed for Women’s Health magazine, shares going with the flow has taken her down a path to greater self-acceptance. In the past three years, she split from Channing Tatum, fell for fiancé Steve Kazee and had a second child: “I got here by following the flow. I’ve been big on that. I know when I’m swimming upstream and fighting it.” And Jenna uses “breathwork” to deal with anxiety. “It’s very efficient for stress. You’re creating this rush of oxygen through your nervous system. It can be a little inconvenient at first, but once you get past that, you open yourself up.”

jenna dewan for women s health march 2021 issue 4
jenna dewan for women s health march 2021 issue 6

The star also talked about giving birth to her second child, Callum, in March 2020, just days before stay-at-home orders went into force. “I was in this postpartum-haze bubble, then a week next, everything just shut down,” Jenna shared. “It was unusual; it was strange; it was kind of scary. But we were all in it together.” She had a plan for how it would go, and then it all changed. “I had this great idea that with this baby, I’m going to have friends and family over all the time. Talk about expectations and having to surrender.” Now she welcomes the break. “I’ve learned for the very first time what it means truly to be quiet. I’ve never been a person who likes to stay at home, and I love it.” She also revealed her cooking skills have not improved during the lockdown. “At the beginning of quarantine, I was trying to cook more. But suddenly, people in the house were like, “You’ve got a lot of strengths. I don’t know if cooking is one of them…” In December, she turned 40, and she still feels excellent. “I feel healthier in my skin. I feel more grounded in my body, ‘I’m still discovering more about myself every day: what I want and how I want to experience it. I am not one of those people who think change doesn’t happen. Instead, I own it, I’m happy with it, and I’m excited to see what develops from it.”

jenna dewan for women s health march 2021 issue 1
jenna dewan for women s health march 2021 issue 5
jenna dewan for women s health march 2021 issue 2

You might also enjoy...


Leave a Comment